Maximize Your Presence in the Brazilian Market
Temporary admission of health and cosmetics products is a process through which companies can bring these types of products to Brazil on a temporary basis, without the need for formal registration with the Brazilian Health Regulatory Agency (ANVISA).
In order for a product to be temporarily admitted to the country, it must be intended for a specific purpose, such as demonstration or testing, and the duration of stay in Brazil must be limited. Additionally, the company must provide a set of documents that demonstrate the purpose of the importation and the quality and safety of the products.
The following steps should be followed:
- Identify the appropriate procedure: There are different types of temporary admission, depending on the purpose of the product’s entry into Brazil. It is important to identify the correct procedure for your specific situation.
- Gather the necessary documentation: To proceed with temporary admission, detailed documentation about the products must be provided, including information about the purpose of entry, duration of stay, technical specifications, and storage conditions.
- Request authorization from ANVISA: The request for temporary admission must be submitted to ANVISA using a specific form. It is important to submit complete and detailed documentation to expedite the review process.
- Await approval: ANVISA will evaluate the submitted documentation and may request additional information if necessary. After review, the agency will issue an authorization for the temporary admission of the products in Brazil.
- Comply with established conditions: Upon receiving ANVISA’s authorization, it is important to comply with all established conditions, including the duration of product stay, storage conditions, and specific use requirements.
- Return or regularize the product: At the end of the product’s stay in Brazil, it is necessary to either return the products or regularize them according to the conditions established by ANVISA. If regularization is required, it is important to follow the proper procedures to formally register the products with the agency.
To carry out the temporary admission request and provide support for importation in Brazil, it is necessary to rely on a Brazilian company that holds registration in the Integrated Foreign Trade System (Siscomex) known as Radar. This company will act as an intermediary in the process, handling logistical, customs, and regulatory issues involved in temporary importation.
This option is perfect for companies looking to bring health and cosmetics products to Brazil for a specific purpose, such as participation in fairs and events, technical demonstrations, or market research. With limited stay periods, you can take advantage of all the commercial opportunities that Brazil has to offer.
It is important to note that temporary admission is not a definitive authorization for product commercialization in the country. If your company intends to sell these products in Brazil, it will be necessary to comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, including registration with ANVISA and obtaining specific authorizations for commercialization.
If your company is interested in the temporary admission process in Brazil, please contact our experts. We are ready to assist you throughout the process and ensure compliance with all norms and regulations.
Do you want to import to Brazil? We can help you!